A cataract is a clouding of the natural lens behind the iris and the pupil. Cataracts are the most common cause of diminution of vision in people over age 40 and is the principle cause of treatable blindness in the world.
b. Congenital diseases
c. Age related Cataract
e. Eye injury/Trauma
f. Long time of corticosteroids/oral steroids
g. Lead exposures / UV light
• Progressively, more of the lens becomes cloudy. People with mild cataracts will not notice they have it for a long time. Cataract effects both eyes, but rarely equally.
• Symptoms for those who have cataracts:-
• Blurry, cloudy, or misty vision or looking through frosted glass.
• Vision may be affected by small spots or dots.
• Glare – bright light
• Colors appear less clear and faded
• Glasses needs to be changed more frequently
• Halos around bright object, such as car headlights or street lights.
• Double vision in one eye (rare)
• Reading difficulties.
• phao emulsification is latest day care key hole surgery for treatment of the cataract .
• For more details meet or contact our expert doctors and counselors will be able to guide.
This is a fixed- strength lens which is set for one level of vision-usually distance vision.
A monofocal lens that are for near focus, for mid distance focus or distance focus, any one of these can be selected and focus will not change after the surgery.But glasses will be required to read or see distance vision.
These lenses may have two or more different strengths, near and distances vision.These lens powers to help you see objects at all distances after you lose the ability to naturally change the focus of your eyes due to age (presbyopia). Bifocals contain two lens power, trifocals contain three.
Till date, no medication or eye drops as been proven to prevent or reverse cataract formation. If a cataract is causing nearsightedness or a change in an individual’s prescription, new prescription eyeglasses can help improve blurred vision. The only treatment for a Cataract, however, is surgical removal of the natural lens with replacement of new IOL.
For more details our expert doctors and counselors will be able to guide: Contact us